Read Earth Is Room Enough by Isaac Asimov Free Online
Book Title: Earth Is Room Enough|
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 9.25 MB
City - Country: No data
The author of the book: Isaac Asimov
Edition: Fawcett Crest
Date of issue: 1970
ISBN 13: 9780449014011
Loaded: 1615 times
Reader ratings: 4.9
Read full description of the books:
· The Dead Past · nv Astounding Apr ’56
· The Foundation of Science Fiction Success · pm F&SF Oct ’54
· Franchise · ss If Aug ’55
· Gimmicks Three [“The Brazen Locked Room”] · ss F&SF Nov ’56
· Kid Stuff · ss Beyond Fantasy Fiction Sep ’53
· The Watery Place · ss Satellite Oct ’56
· Living Space · ss Science Fiction Stories May ’56
· The Message · vi F&SF Feb ’56
· Satisfaction Guaranteed [Susan Calvin (Robot)] · ss Amazing Apr ’51
· Hell-Fire · vi Fantastic Universe May ’56
· The Last Trump · ss Fantastic Universe Jun ’55
· The Fun They Had · ss The Boys and Girls Page Dec 1 ’51; F&SF Feb ’54
· Jokester · ss Infinity Science Fiction Dec ’56
· The Immortal Bard · vi Universe May ’54
· Someday · ss Infinity Science Fiction Aug ’56
· The Author’s Ordeal · pm Science Fiction Quarterly May ’57
· Dreaming Is a Private Thing · ss F&SF Dec ’55
Download Earth Is Room Enough ERUB
Download Earth Is Room Enough DOC
Download Earth Is Room Enough TXT
Read information about the authorIsaac Asimov was a Russian-born, American author, a professor of biochemistry, and a highly successful writer, best known for his works of science fiction and for his popular science books.
Professor Asimov is generally considered one of the most prolific writers of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the ten major categories of the Dewey Decimal System (lacking only an entry in the 100s category of Philosophy).
Asimov is widely considered a master of the science-fiction genre and, along with Robert A. Heinlein and Arthur C. Clarke, was considered one of the "Big Three" science-fiction writers during his lifetime. Asimov's most famous work is the Foundation Series; his other major series are the Galactic Empire series and the Robot series, both of which he later tied into the same fictional universe as the Foundation Series to create a unified "future history" for his stories much like those pioneered by Robert A. Heinlein and previously produced by Cordwainer Smith and Poul Anderson. He penned numerous short stories, among them "Nightfall", which in 1964 was voted by the Science Fiction Writers of America the best short science fiction story of all time, a title many still honor. He also wrote mysteries and fantasy, as well as a great amount of nonfiction. Asimov wrote the Lucky Starr series of juvenile science-fiction novels using the pen name Paul French.
Most of Asimov's popularized science books explain scientific concepts in a historical way, going as far back as possible to a time when the science in question was at its simplest stage. He often provides nationalities, birth dates, and death dates for the scientists he mentions, as well as etymologies and pronunciation guides for technical terms. Examples include his Guide to Science, the three volume set Understanding Physics, and Asimov's Chronology of Science and Discovery.
Asimov was a long-time member and Vice President of Mensa International, albeit reluctantly; he described some members of that organization as "brain-proud and aggressive about their IQs" He took more joy in being president of the American Humanist Association. The asteroid 5020 Asimov, the magazine Asimov's Science Fiction, a Brooklyn, NY elementary school, and two different Isaac Asimov Awards are named in his honor.
Isaac Asimov. (2007, November 29). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 21:50, November 29, 2007, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_As...
Reviews of the Earth Is Room Enough
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Earth Is Room Enough by Isaac Asimov Online free